Monday, November 19, 2012

Recent Goings-Ons

Hi Quilters!  I just finished up a big batch of holiday orders -- aprons and place mats.  Now that these items are safe in their new homes, it was time for me to get back to some personal projects.  I have a lot going on right now!  I enjoy thinking up projects and planning things and picking out fabric and cutting fabric so much.  Then I tend to lose steam.  It's a problem.  Anyway, here is a small taste of what I've been up to lately...

I am loving Elizabeth Hartman's new book Modern Patchwork.  She is my quilting idol and I want to replicate everything she does.  I pre-ordered this book before it was published and received my copy the day it came out!  I decided that my first project would be the "Rapid City" quilt.



You know, one of the things I most liked about this quilt was the color scheme.  But, for reasons unknown, instead of trying to duplicate it, I decided to pick something completely different.  So I'm making my quilt out of The Birds and The Bees by Tula Pink.  Which is nice!  But it's all starting to look a little matchy-matchy.  OH WELL.

Another thing to note is that I did all the cutting for this quilt like 3 months ago?  And the cutting is extensive -- there are two full pages of instructions and you need like 40 sandwich bags to organize all the pieces.  I thought it was all a little anal retentive at the time, but now that I am starting to assemble the quilt top it is so convenient.  ACTION SHOT!

 
I also made this cute Christmas stocking over the weekend.


I might make more of these -- they are super easy and take less than an hour.    Pretty good for a Hanukkah-type lady!  L'CHAIM!

I'll be back soon for a new version of PROJECT CHECKLIST!  I have sooooo many unfinished items.  It's going to be a doozy!


No comments:

Post a Comment