Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Back to Business!

Hi Quilters!  I took an extended break from blogging but have decided to get back into the swing of things.  To get the blogging ball rolling again, I am starting with a photo dump from my camera over the last few months.

First.... the Sparkle Punch quilt!  Here, you can see that I had finished all of the individual squares, but had yet to assemble the quilt top.  Here I am laying out the whole quilt on the floor to make sure my star colors were distributed evenly:



I will update you on the current status of this project later this week!  SPOILER ALERT:  it's not done.



Second is a fun quilt made of Hello Pilgrim fabric using the pattern Off the Rails.  Here is the front:



And the back:


And an in-progress shot of making the quilt sandwich (I use painter's tape to keep the back of the quilt from wrinkling):


I will take some updated pics of this one too.  I'm actually still working on it....I'm trying to free motion quilt it!  The lesson I am learning is that I don't enjoy free motion quilting.


Finally, here is a project I actually completed!!!  EXCITING!  It is a circle applique quilt made of Reunion and the pattern is from the book Little Bits Quilting Bee.  Here is the front, all finished and stuff!



Here is the back.  I just made a wide stripe out of some of the leftover fabrics.



Close-up of the back.  I love the bunting print fabric!



The big circles are cut from a layer cake and then machine-appliqued onto the front:


And, in big news, I retired my 5-year old used for size reference and am now using a 6-year old!  Here he is!  For size reference:


More tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment