Friday, July 8, 2011

PROGRESS IS BEING MADE!

No, it is still not done.  But, I wanted you to know that progress is being made on the chevron quilt for my nephew Henry!  I had to lock the cat in the bathroom.

So far I have finished the quilt front and back.  The front has six coordinating chevrons:



And the back has one off-center chevron to break up the white:



Back when I was pinning the squares together, I decided to alternate which corners the pins went in.  I thought that would make the chevrons look "fun" and "jumbled" but it actually did the exact opposite and enabled me to make sure all the prints faced the same direction!

So all the pennants are facing the same way:


All the ducks are in a row:


The green stripes are all vertical:



And the turquoise stripes are all horizontal!



MAGICAL!!!!  I'm glad my idea was so wrong that it was right!

Now I just need to quilt it and bind it (that's what she said?).  For the quilting, I'm thinking of doing horizontal lines.  Sort of like this:


I'm sure my lines won't be that evenly spaced.  We'll see!  Hope it gets done soon!  I guess that will happen when I get it done.  It's not going to "get done" on its own.  OR IS IT?????  No, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment