Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Interesting Idea

I have been seeing these very large, rectangular pillows all over the place.  Such as this one on the bed:


And this one on this green velvet sofa (LOVE) from Southern Living Magazine:


What do you think?  I think I love them!  I am definitely going to make one for my bedroom and maybe a pair for the sofa too! 

I'm thinking of making mine piped around the edges, with a floral/nature pattern on the front, and perhaps a solid velvet or heavy cotton/canvas back.

Projects like this are fun because you can splurge on an expensive designer fabric as you only need a yard or so.

Fun fabrics to consider:

How about this for a bedroom?



I am also loving this fabric for a sofa cushion - perhaps piped and backed with apple green or lavender velvet?  (Why am I so into velvet???)


So are you considering getting a lumbar pillow?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment