Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Drapes are Done!

I finally finished the drapes!  I have to say that I am very proud of myself.  This is definitely the most difficult project completed to date.  The tutorial I followed wasn't that tricky, but doing everything four times (made four panels) and trying to be precise was exhausting.

So, here is the before:


And, before you say anything: yes - the TV is in front of the windows.  I know!  This is totally a no-no.  But honestly there is nowhere else to put it!  OH WELL. 
So anyway.  After hanging the drapes, I couldn't just sit back and open a bottle of rose.  Well, I did.  But then I had to hem them, and then I had to train them.  Apparently you must train your drapes to fall in nice folds by tying them up for a few days.  Here is a pic of the drapes in training:



And did I mention that these are fully lined?  Check it out:



Enough already!  Here they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I love them and sort of can't believe that I made them.  But believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment