Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Captain Obvious

Lately I have been coming to a lot of obvious realizations.  The other day I informed my sister that brownies made from scratch are much better than brownies from a box.  I believe her response was "no duh."

So anyway, while working on my Crazy Lattice Quilt, I came to another realization.  My sewing area is much too small!  It is fine for piecing and such, but for quilting large quilts, I need more room.  I need to be able to get in there, let some air in and move things around.*

So, I moved my sewing machine to the dining room table and now I have a real quilting area!



In fact, I was able to use this long weekend to finish piecing the front and back of the quilt for my niece and do all the quilting!!!  All the quilting in one day!  It is so much easier now!  I almost have the binding finished.  I'm trying a new technique I found online.  NEW BINDING TECHNIQUES!  Oh lord what is wrong with  me?



Finished quilt pics tomorrow!  I know you can't wait!


*Bonus points to first person to identify movie quoted from in the comments!

1 comment: