Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Santa's Sweatshop

Not too long ago, I found out that the office building where I work is having an employee holiday craft fair in mid-December.  Guess who signed up?  That's right!  (Me.)

I decided to mass produce a bunch of my patented pleated aprons in a variety of holiday prints and see if anyone wants to buy them.  Perhaps they will?  Who knows?  If they don't sell, guess what everyone who reads this blog is getting for Christmas and/or Hanukkah?  (An apron.)

Each apron takes about an hour to make, and I want to have about 15 to sell, so I've got to get started!  So far, I've purchased the fabrics and started cutting.  Here are the different prints:


1.  Green and white floral with red ties and trim:



2.  Stars of David and dreidels with blue ties and trim:



3.  Nesting Nativity dolls with green ties and trim:


4.  Holiday Hats with red ties and trim:



The fabrics are from Rosie's Calico Cupboard (a happening place with a surprisingly large selection of Judaica fabric) and Joann's.

Time to start sewing!  Or as my son says, time to start needling!

No comments:

Post a Comment