Thursday, November 3, 2011

Before and After

As you may or may not recall, a while ago I had an idea to line the back of my china cabinets with fancy paper.  Is this ringing any bells?  Here is a refresher.

Anyway, I tried it!  I'm not sure if I love it.  Can you take a look?

Here is the before photo.  As you can see, the cabinets are very WOOD and dark and crowded.



Step one was cleaning everything out and removing the shelves.  There was a lot of STUFF in there.  Some of the items I put in that small top cabinet.



Then I taped the paper onto the back of the cabinet (I used four sheets total) using Scotch reusable mounting strips.  I put the shelves back in, this time using one less shelf for a hopefully less-crowded look:


Do you like it?  I think it looks pretty cute.  If you have any advice on how I should rearrange the items or shelves, tell me in the comments!  I am not good at "styling" things.  Now I just need to get four more sheets of paper to do the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment