Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Phantom Puke: A Cautionary Tale

I know I'm a little late on this, but did you have a nice Thanksgiving?  We went up to Orange County for the day.  I ate a lot.  When we got back home, my stomach felt funny.   Making matters worse, that night inside my house, I kept smelling something bad.  But just in certain areas.  Like I would be standing near the kitchen in one spot it would just smell bad.  Pukey bad.  But in other nearby spots it smelled fine.  Then I would be in the dining room, and the puke smell would get me there.  I thought it was somehow related to my upset stomach!  Gross.

Anyway, the next morning, the smell was still hovering around.  I kept searching for hidden cat mess and interrogating my husband and son to see if one of them had secretly puked and hid the evidence (?).   I went to work cleaning everything in the general area.  First with some natural "green" cleansers





Then again with the good stuff




THE SMELL WAS STILL THERE!  I may have cried a little at this point.

FINALLY the source of the smell was discovered!  It turns out that it was emanating from the water and stems of the mums I had in a vase on the dining room table.




THEY SMELLED TERRIBLE!

I am telling you this so you discard your mums.  They are nasty!

THE END!

1 comment:

  1. Just had a very similar experience--thought something died--then it would disappear--turned out to be rotting cat food in the garbage...

    ReplyDelete