Friday, November 18, 2011

Memories, Like the Corners of My Mind

I was looking through some old photos the other day and came upon these cuties from June 2009:



Then I realized these are not just cute pics of tiny Griffin wearing puffy pull-ups under his PJs, these are photographic evidence of my VERY FIRST home improvement/DIY project!

I had just started reading Young House Love (it was called This Young House then) and, inspired by this post on how to paint furniture, I decided to give it a try.  I zipped over to Home Depot and picked up sandpaper, paint, polyurethane, brushes and rollers.

Over that weekend, out on our old apartment's tiny balcony, I sanded, primed, painted and poly'd this sort of barn-red bench tan.  Why did I paint it tan?  We'll never know.  Why didn't I paint it a "fun" color or at least white?  Who can say.  And, most importantly, why didn't I take a "before" picture of the bench?  Again, we will just have to live with the mystery.  But this is what got my ball a-rollin'.

Here's the bench today -- still tan and still lookin' (semi) good!

No comments:

Post a Comment