Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Cake!

Do you remember when V-8 introduced their non-tomato-based "V-8 Splash" fruit drinks?  This was at least 10 years ago or so.  I think Y2K madness was starting to happen at this time.  Anyway, I was getting my hair cut that summer and the hairdresser kept going on and on about how much he loved V-8 Splash and how much V-8 Splash he'd already had that day and how much V-8 Splash he was going to drink later and how V-8 Splash was the official drink of Summer '99.  This is true!

Well, it looks like this rooty-tooty fresh 'n fruity berry summer cake is going to be the official dessert of Summer '11.

I found the recipe on Smitten Kitchen.  The first time I made it, I used strawberries, and it was incredible.  This time, I used a mix of berries (blue, black & rasp).  I over-berried it and it got a little gooey in the middle, but it was still very, very good.  And sort of healthy, right??  Right!

Here it is before baking:



And after:



Yum!  Make a summer cake!  You will not regret it!  Well, you might if you are a night-eater like me, but that's another issue altogether...

No comments:

Post a Comment