Friday, June 24, 2011

Spray Painting in the Candle Light

Sounds romantic, doesn't it?

Actually, it actually refers to some wooden leaf-shaped wall candle sconces I just spray painted the other day.  Are "wooden leaf-shaped wall candle sconces" a thing?  I just mean that they look like this:


Pretty cute right?  I found them on Etsy.  Now I know some people are against painting wood, but let me assure you that these were poorly-stained plywood with lots of blobs and patches and not things of beauty.  So we do not have any qualms about painting them.

After a coat of spray primer and two coats of white spray paint, they look like this:



Ummmmm...  semi-cute?  I probably should have sanded them first or filled in the deep grain areas with wood filler, but I figure they will be up on a wall with a candle or something on the little shelf so it's not such a big deal.  Also, I was high on fumes!  JK!  Not really.

I am thinking that they might be a part of the mini-makeover of my bedroom (which is still in progress) (actually which has not yet begun).   According to UPS Tracking, the curtain fabric should be arriving today!  GET EXCITED!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment