Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nobody Likes a Quitter!

Guys, I have reached an important decision.  I am giving up on the Doll Clothes quilt!  There are two main reasons:

1)  The person I am making it for (my sister) specifically does not like "country" or "cutesy" or "ye olde" type items.  This quilt was becoming all that and a bag of chips.

2)  I didn't like it any more either.  The "doll clothes" thing was so far away from my original vision (which was just simple, modern shapes) that I was starting to hate it, and I didn't want to work on it.  I haven't done anything on this quilt in weeks.  Unusual!  Usually I get a Hot Hair and work non-stop on my projects until they are done.  This one was just blech.

SO!  I am going to start over, regroup, rise from the ashes like a phoenix, etc. 

I already have some ideas about how to use the fabric I still have for this quilt (I do still like the fabric I got) and make something much more appealing.  Something a lot more like this:



UPDATES TO COME!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment