Monday, May 30, 2011

New Project Alert! Gross Quote Alert!

I love this fabric!  I love it so much that, in the immortal words of Tracy Jordan, I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.  What?  Not really.  OK sort of.  LOOK AT IT!!!!


So cute, right?!?!?!  It's the green Castle Peeps by Lizzy House.

LOOK at this adorableness:


I'm going to make a quilt for my son using these fabrics.  This will be my first non-crib sized quilt!  Yes -- I'm movin' on up to TWIN SIZE!!!!!

The challenge for making a bigger quilt will be in the actual quilting process.  Keeping the quilt contained in the sewing machine while you try to sew the relevant part can be difficult.  I recently found out about these handy-dandy items called quilt clips.  You roll the quilt up then clip these in to keep your quilt contained like a rolled taco while you are quilting.  Like this:


I gotta get some.  Might be worth it to finally visit Rosies (A HAPPENING PLACE!!!) to pick some of these up!

No comments:

Post a Comment