Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another New Project Alert! Swoon Quilt

Yesterday's Gumdrop pillow is aaaaaalmost finished (I just have to get more fluffy innards at the fabric store).  With that pretty much done, I decided to start on a Swoon Quilt!  I really love this pattern even though it is NMS (not my style).  It's an 80"x80" square quilt made of nine large blocks:

via

I'm making the quilt using these Ruby fat quarters from the Fat Quarter Shop, which are also NMS.

via

So much red!  Gross.

To ease myself into it, I'm starting with green and grey.


If you decide to make a Swoon quilt, you can join the SWOON ALONG club.  Almost 800 people are doing it!  I also want to issue a warning:  the cutting for these blocks is TRICKY!  Lots of 7/8ths and you really have to be super accurate to fit all the cuts into one fat quarter.  I messed up!  So I had to make some Frankenstein-blocks:



Just adds to the homemade charm, I suppose.  Pics of a finished block soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment