Thursday, July 28, 2011

Surprise!

Well that was a pleasant surprise!  As you may or may not recall, I decided to try to make a slipcover for a chair that my cat destroyed.

So last night I took my fabric and I draped it:



Cut out side pieces:



Pinned it together:




Sewed it and turned it right-side-out, and guess what happened???

IT WORKED!!!  I made a pretty nice slipcover!



Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you are!



I sort of can't believe it worked.  Even the sides and seams turned out pretty nice!





Right now it has two random pillows from my closet-of-pillows (the green one is from Ikea and the cream one is from Target).



You know I am scouring the internets to find fabrics to make some more pillows to go on this chair!

You might be wondering how I knew how to do this.  The honest truth is that I didn't.  I just thought about how it probably worked, then I tried it.  This time, it happened to work!

YAY!  HAPPY!

2 comments: