Friday, June 10, 2011

Where The Magic Happens

Have you ever seen an episode of "Cribs" where the celebrity giving a tour of his/her house didn't say "this is where the magic happens" upon entering his/her bedroom?  The answer is no.  Because it never didn't happen.  They all say it.

Well, brace yourself, because this is where my magic happens!


Uggggh.  I am not happy with this look.   I want things to be a little more crisp and gender-neutral.  In other words, I think it is time for a mini-makeover!

I'm not going to paint or anything - but I'm thinking of replacing the drapes and duvet cover, and also changing the pillow situation.

Remember when I went to Rosie's Calico Cupboard (a happening place!) for quilt fabric?  Well, I also got some fabric that is going to be the inspiration for the makeover.  This:


It is Joel Dewberry Sunflower in Lake.   I'm going to make an oversized, rectangular bolster pillow for the bed.  I'm also going to replace the duvet with a solid white one, and rethink the pillows in general.

The final piece of the puzzle will be replacing the soggy yellow drapes with something crisp and navy.  I haven't purchased any fabric for this yet - but I have three contenders.  Let's take a look!

Option 1 is Herringbone in Lake - nice navy and white pattern.  Sort of like chevrons!  A good one!




Option 2 is Nap Sack in Lake.  Also nice.  And the name - so apropos!  Who wouldn't want to be ensconced in a nap sack?



Option 3 is Acorn Chain in Lake.   Hmmmmm......


I think I know which one I'm going to pick!  Do you have a preference?  Are you going to start calling your bed the Nap Sack?  Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment