Thursday, May 26, 2011

Swatch Watch

The fabric swatches I ordered from Tonic Living for my bolster pillow project have arrived!  Here they are in all their glory:


I am very happy with them!  The images from the web site were very accurate in terms of color.  But it is always nice to see the fabric in real life.

For the sofa, I am loving the Boteh pattern:


Here is how it would look against the sofa -- I think it looks rather dashing:


I'm thinking of backing and piping the pillow in either a charcoal or dark green solid, but I haven't made up my mind yet.  Actually, I love this fabric so much that I am considering getting a bunch and making a set of drapes out of it.  I know what you are thinking:  That is crazy talk!  You just made drapes!!!   I don't know.... I don't want to make new drapes (the process was rather arduous) but I just might!  WHAT?!?!?!

Moving on.

For the bedroom, I am super loving the Magnolia fabric:






It is sooooo pretty.  Like a watercolor painting.  I would have to get a solid white duvet, but that would be easy.  PROJECTS ARE FUN!

So, what do you think?  Do you like this whole pillow thing or hate it?  Tell me!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment