Thursday, April 7, 2011

New Project Alert!

My friend Dinky is having a baby very soon!  That can only mean one thing: it's time to put the quilt-making machine into motion.  The Lady Dinkles McStinkles told me the baby's nursery was yellow, with plum and apricot accents.  That was that.  I immediately stopped working (hi, boss!) and began a nonstop OCD-style search for fabric online.  

And then I found this:


It's Moda Fabrics Trefoil in Sunshine from the Central Park collection.  The whole Central Park collection was great, but this print in particular was perfect - the right colors plus it was totally Dinky in a nutshell (help, she's in a nutshell).

I decided to get a Central Park charm pack (set of pre-cut 5" squares) and make a simple 9 square pattern that uses the Trefoil print for the back.

Here are some of the squares with the coordinating patterns -- the finished quilt will have 9 blocks with 9 squares each:



Time to get sewing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment