Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fasten Your Seat Belts!

I did it!  I made a quilt!  I am very impressed with myself!

I was at the bookstore and saw the Spring 2011 edition of Quits and More magazine.  After I overcame mild shock at the fact that there are multiple quilt-based magazines, I was intrigued by two things mentioned on the cover: "23 Easy Projects!" and "PLUS More Baby Quilts!"  You will notice that this magazine uses a lot of exclamation points!  Just like me!  It was a match made in heaven!



So as I was flipping through the magazine, I saw this baby who looks JUST LIKE my brother-in-law.  It was uncanny!  And hilarious.



Then, my eyes drifted to the quilt upon which the brother-in-law-baby was having his tummy time.... cute, right?



Anyway, I read the directions and decided I could do it.   Off to Jo-Ann's!  I purchased plain white fabric, a small green print and some interfacing.  Also some green thread to be fancy.   The technique used by this quilt - applique - was similar to my practice Tiny Quilt so it wasn't that hard.  Also I finally figured out how to do the binding.  The directions in this magazine were very clear and easy to follow.  So now I have this:



AND I have a case of quilting fever!  It's like Bieber Fever but for old ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment