Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Complicated Project Alert!

I told you I have a lot of baby friends!  My cutest baby friend, Charlie, needs a quilt for her room ASAP.  Her room has turquoise/Tiffany blue walls and pink bedding.  In fact, it looks exactly like this, except she is a baby so there is a crib instead of a bed.  But you get the idea.  I may have helped decorate this room.

ANYHOO, in my mind, I wanted to make a quilt that sort of used the paper doll motif of the bedding, but was also not too "country" because this baby's mama hates anything that is vaguely "country" or "shabby chic" or "olde fashioned."  I guess her style is Manly/Modern/Retro?  Sort of like Don Draper but in furniture form?

So ANYHOO Part 2, I found some perfect fabric in the Penny Lane collection, but I wasn't sure what to do with it.  Patchwork squares would not cut it.   Here is part of the fabric bundle I ordered (you need a surprisingly large amount just to make a crib quilt):


Then I saw this quilt pattern - which is for making a manly quilt full of ties and brown colors:


And I decided that I would get this pattern but change all the ties into paper dolls, change all the colors and change the border to be less quaint.  So, that's where I am.  I have a bunch of pink and blue fabric and a pattern for brown ties.  Can't wait to see where this ends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment