Monday, November 26, 2012

Around the House

So, what's new with you?  I've been working on some small items before I start my "Project Checklist" power-push to finish up all my in-progress quilts by the end of the year.

Remember the stocking from last week?  I made two more and added felt letters for our holiday mantle.  Cute!



I also just started a baby quilt for a soon-to-pop friend featuring this cute blue elephant Savanna Bop fabric:



The baby quilt will also feature a scrappy mix of teal, gray and blue fabrics.  And!  Look at my seam alignment!  I have finally achieved sharp edges!  It is so much easier now that I have figured out how to properly match up seams.



And, finally, I would like to tell you about a new kid's show called SlugTerra.  It's a cartoon about a group of inter-species teens who roam the underworld looking for the team leader's father while battling opposing groups with shape-changing slugs.  Yes, another one of those.  I guess the main slug is kind of cute?



Anyway, there are no toys associated with this show (yet), so my son and I decided to make some!  After going to the craft store for some fabric markers, we were able to make one "battle" slug and one "cute" slug.  Feast your eyes on this:


SLUGS!

2 comments: